21.9.10

ten minute birthday

celebrating the birth of the blog, welcome.
I am undertaking an independent study this fall on the subjects of land art(also earthworks) and environmental design the histories, intersections and relation to present day. Both,very broad subjects with many definitions and popular understandings. To fully understand this ambiguity and perhaps find for myself the defining terms or moments in each of these histories(or is it simply a single story?) I will start at the "beginning" with the great visionaries,artists,writers of the land art movement, before such a name existed, and explore there ideas and art works. For this research and exploration I will be primarily using the texts
_Earthwork: Art and Landscape of the Sixties by Susan Boetteger
_Land and Environmental Art by Jefferey Kastner and Brian Wallis
(as well as a few more I am patiently waiting for from ILL)

more to come, I will post back later this week the above readings.





No comments:

Post a Comment